12.01.2008

FREAKIN AMAZING!!

So we are finally home from Utah and even though it was such a great vacation I am glad to be able to sleep with just a sheet and not two pairs of socks and pants and two shirts on a sweater, plus 3 blankets. We did lots of fun things, thanks to our handy dandy GPS system adam got for an early christmas present....anyways I will post more about our trip later I am too excited about what I was going to post about I just got a bit sidetracked.

....SO....

I was inspired while up there to cook because every morning my aunt made us breakfast and had lunch stuff prepared and made dinner. And I don't think I have ever been THAT good of a wife. Well I pulled out my recipe book this morning before I went to the grocery store because for like the past, FOREVER, I have just been winging dinner and not putting like any major planning into anything. Well I decided on this for the week 1. Loaded Sandwhich - bacon, avacado, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mustard and mayo on toasted french bread (I got my friend Shannon hooked on them) 2. Crockpot Enchiladas - red sauce with hamburger meat 3. Spaghetti and meatballs with homemade breadsticks (never have tried it before so we will see how it turns out) 3. Cafe Rio burritos with their special ranch sauce (I am addicted to that place!) 4. Tiny Spicy Chicken - found in cookbook, it sounds good and is super easy 5. Chicken Divan - I have had it before and I think it was good also super easy recipe

Then I made a list of desserts because I never make cookies or anything for Christmas so this year I want to be like the rest of my friends and be able to make them fat like they make me by bringing over tons of junk food :)
1. No Bake Cookies 2. Holly Cookies (from my amazing baker of a friend, Shannon) 3. Butterscotch Red Hot Cookies (also from Shannon) 4. Dump Cake also known as Pineapple Upside Down Cake (adam loves it) 5. Banana Cream Pie 6. Pumpkin Waffles

So today my kitchen and I finally became aquainted and we whipped up a banana cream pie and the cafe rio burritos with their special ranch sauce. I was feeling pretty good almost like Betty Crocker, I think she had some stiff competition. Adam said to Logan, well we will see how it tastes. Then all of the sudden I heard "WOW THIS IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!! THIS IS SOOO GOOD BABE, I LOVE IT!!" He kept going on and on, I think I blushed. He has never said that to me before, then he was like where have you been hiding this woman all my life? So YEAH TO ME!!! I guess maybe I set myself up for failure doing the best thing first hopefully the rest of the week turns out as good. And he better enjoy it while he can cause we know this can't possibly last long.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah Sheena! I have another AWESOME cookie recipe...wedding cookies...YUMMO! David's dad said they are some type of mexican cookie and the ones I made were the best he's ever had.

Wedding Cookies (look like tiny snowballs)

1 c Margarine or real butter softened to room temp.
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
1/4 t salt
3/4 c finely chopped walnuts or pecans

Mix first 3 ingredients with the electric mixer.
add flour and salt. stir in.
add nuts. stir in

form into 1' dia balls.

bake 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Dry not brown. set, but not brown. DO NOT BROWN...get it? :)

Roll in powdered sugar.

Shannon said...

Oh yeah, and the BEST chocolate chip cookies EVER!...they have WHEAT flour in it too!

A part whole wheat decadence that will have you making cookies
weekly.

3/4 C Unsalted butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Light Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
2 Cups sifted Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter & sugars in an
electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix in vanilla &
eggs. Combine flours, baking soda & salt. Gradually blend flour
mixture into butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and drop onto
a cookie sheet that has been lined with silpat or that has been
greased. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes
on baking sheets before placing on a wire rack.

12-36 depending on how big you make them. Ice cream scoops work well.